**Video Club Current Video** Dare to Disagree - Margrett Heffernan

Video Link

Most people instinctively avoid conflict, but as Margaret Heffernan shows us, good disagreement is central to progress. She illustrates (sometimes counterintuitively) how the best partners aren’t echo chambers – and how great research teams, relationships and businesses allow people to deeply disagree.

This video was recommended to me by AI whilst entering in a few thought leaders and videos and asking it to find others I should follow

1 Like

Love this Alan - even better that its a quick 12m.
I love the “dare to have such collaborators” and “see conflict as thinking and get really good at it”.
Matt brought up something similar when he asked “how do we deal with conflict” but this takes it a step further, how do we actively create conflict/“thinking” to think deeper, solve more problems and challenge ourselves further!
I’ve told AI to stop agreeing with me… but after this I think I’ll set it up to actively disagree and challenge me. Happy to be someone’s “conflict” buddy and try this out.
Thank you for sharing this!

wow this video is very inspiring. Even though it’s from 14 years ago it’s still valid.

I was one of the people who would avoid conflicts in life as much as I could and am still a little avoiding sometimes. Conflicts require lots of work to go into especially at work but outcomes are worth it for the good conflicts. Keep challenging yourself with good conflicts and improve your work and life :slight_smile: